- 120 – The lessons that the Nation of Gods and Earths learn, master and educate others (85%) about. Basically taken directly from Elijah Muhammad with some modifications. In summary they are:
Supreme Mathematics, Supreme Alphabet, 1-10, 1-14, 1-40, 1-36, Actual Facts and Solar Facts. For more detail concerning these lessons visit the FAQ page.
- Allah – The Five Percent founder, Clarence 13X or “Pudding” is referred to as “Allah”, “Daddy” or “Father”. Although Elijah Muhammed is responsible for the foundational teachings, Clarence 13X is responsible for the modifications as they were passed down to NGE members
- Amerikkka – Quite often when reading NGE literature, you will find America spelled with 3 k’s. This is not a typo, but disdain for the legacy of racism that our country is guilty of. The k’s are supposed to represent the KKK or the Ku Klux Klan,
insinuating that the same mentality still exists. This can be found not only in Five Percenter writings, but also in other essays from a Black Nationalist point of view.
- Asiatic black man – Asiatic denotes the true heritage of the black man. See original man.
- Born - The completion of all in existence. Many times Five Percenters will say that knowledge is "born". What the results of or the manifestation of the knowledge they wield brings about.
- Build – Or sometimes called adding on… Basically conversations between NGE members. Expounding on the concepts of math and science or political issues that they feel correspond to some universal truth that exists within their doctrine.
- B.U.T. – Born Universal Truth… This acronym is used vs. the conjunction/connector “but” because it is felt that the word “but” proceeds a lie, excuse or some sort of false hood. Born Universal Truth is felt to be a more positive conjunction/connector.
- Civilized – NGE members believe that once they have come into the knowledge of the Nation they are civilized and no longer savages (like the 85%). They feel that they now have the tools to educate, build (vs. destroy) and nurture the babies.
- Destroy - Whenever there is the introduction of Destroy it means to ruin by allowing negativity to outweigh the positive. (Actually this term is used quite often when the tenets of their ideaology are challenged with rational, critical thinking.
I have been told, “…you are not building, you are arguing/destroying.”)
- Do the knowledge – Challenge to study a particular concept or issue.
- God - The "Supreme Being", "Asiatic Black Man" who is the "Original", is god, Allah, lord of all the worlds, supreme ruler of the universe which is everything, sun, moon, and stars (god is the sun in the solar system, woman is moon, child is star). Important to note that they are not taking credit for creating the world... They are not "spook" gods (see below) as the Christian's pray to and worship.
- Knowledge - is the accumulation of facts thru observing, learning, and respecting. Knowledge is the foundation of all in existence, for it must be "known" in order to make it manifest. Knowledge is the "light" given off by the SUN, which is the foundation of
the Solar system.
- Mystery god/Spook god - Usually used when referring to the God. The God of the Bible, obviously, the only true and living God in the Christian worldview. Five Percenters utilize much of Elijah Muhammed's teachings which coin this "spook" term.
- Original Man - The Original man is, by declaration of Allah himself, "non other than Black Man." Black Man is the first and last: creator of the universe and the primogenitor of all other races... Original Man includes all nonwhite people, and his primogeniture is unidentifiable. "Everywhere the white race has gone on our planet they have found the Original man or a sign that he has been there previously."
- Overstanding - Word plays are frequently used by Five Percenters. Instead of being "under" something, they would rather use the term "over" stand so as not to introduced negative terms into the conversation or build.
- Peace - Salutation/greeting used by Five Percenters, almost without exception.
- Savage - The eighty-five percent (and in some cases the ten percent) of the population who lack or misuse "knowledge of self" are categorized as unlearned, ignorant savages who need to be led.
- Show and Prove - To demonstrate somehow to be true.
- Supreme mathematics - is an alleged system of understanding numbers alongside concepts that are used along with the supreme alphabet as tools to unlocking the keys to reality and/or the universe.
- Today’s mathematics - Five Percenters like to take the current date and break down what the numbers mean (utilizing the supreme mathematics and their corresponding terms - i.e. the date of 01/02 will lead to a member expounding on Knowledge (1) and Wisdom (2).
- Lincoln, C. Eric The Black Muslims in America Trenton, N.J. Africa World Press, 1994, p. 71.
What is the Five Percent?| Five Percent Basic Beliefs | Biblical Answers to Five Percent Basic Beliefs | Five Percenters and Hip Hop Music | Dialogues with Five Percenters | Questions for Five Percenters | Five Percent Terminology
©Black Apologetics Ministry 2001-2003